Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Relearning America: 002 - Snow Blowers

Texas doesn't have many snow blowers.  When it snowed in Houston, it was a few little flurries once every five years, and everyone rushed outside to witness this strange event.
But today, when we got home I heard a strange humming sound, kind of a cross between a lawn mower and a chainsaw.  Snow blowers.
Then, I learned how to crank one up and do it myself.  Our lovely host, Pam, showed me the snow blowing ropes, and I gave her driveway a good workover.  I'll try to clear it again tonight or tomorrow morning - paying our rent in labor.
We probably won't buy a snow blower when we get our own home, but I'm sure there will be days when I'll want one.   Welcome to Indiana.

2 comments:

StampingJudy said...

Oh Josh, in Indiana you will need a snowblower. There is no doubt about it. Unless you will live in an Home Owner's Association where snow removal is part of your fees, you will get one. If not for your first winter then for your second winter. Ask your host how many times they have used their snow blower this year. This was a fast and small snow amount. A snow blower is a necessity in the north.

Unknown said...

Well, I'm kind of thinking that shoveling snow will be my exercise since I won't be able to do much else outside. We'll see.